We all have things laying around the house that we don’t know what to do with. As someone who wants to create less waste in their life, it may seem counterintuitive to throw something away just because it doesn’t work the way it should.
Whether it be a broken frame or an old plastic bottle, there are many different projects that you can do and give a new life to these items! Repurposing is a great way to keep things out of landfills and give your home a boost of décor.
Here are 9 upcycling ideas for the home. We hope you get some inspiration from the creativity in these great repurposing ideas!
1. Toilet paper rolls to give cables a tangle-free staycation
2. Old ladder into a homemade library
3. Plastic bottle upcycled into a neat broom
4. Broken lightbulbs repurposed into a beautiful hanging vase
5. Old bicycle into a revamped bathroom
6. Bottle caps made into tea lights
7. Broken picture frame repurposed as a jewelry holder
8. Foldable chairs transformed into a simple closet shelf
9. Books repurposed into charming shelves
As you can see, there are so many ways to reuse old things and make them into newfound treasures. Let this be inspiration for your zero waste DIY projects!