What You Need To Know About Our New And Improved Sealer
Written by Catt Kim.
Silicone Sealer Bags are one of Net Zero Co.’s first products—one that symbolizes the essence of what we’re all about.
An intuitive and practical reusable that is built to last.
It turns out they’ve become our best-selling product over the years, and we have the honor of helping 43,000 households switch to sealers (thank you!).
We received both kind and constructive feedback on this product; here’s what I want you to know about our revised Sealer.
The Greatest Pain Point With The Bags
Some of our customers swear by our Sealers because of the external slider; some of our customers thought this feature fell short.
Our customers have shared their experiences and suggestions with us over the years.
Some of our customers broke their sliders, and some had trouble with the mechanism. We realized that while it was effective at solving the waste problem, it was not entirely friendly to those with arthritis, for example.
The Next Logical Step
So what was the best solution? Go topless.
We made sure to adhere to our 9 Product Design Guidelines:
- Effective - Does it solve a specific wasteful problem?
- Simple - What features can we eliminate while maximizing functionality?
- Durable - Is it built to last?
- Authentic - Does it suit our customers’ creative lifestyles?
- Timeless - Is the aesthetic appealing as trends pass?
- Material - Is it made with approved materials, best suited for the function, and with minimal waste?
- Safe - Does it align with our banned list of ingredients?
- Easy care - Is it easy to clean and reuse?
- End-of-life - Can it be refilled, composted, or recycled?
After checking off all the boxes in our countless design renditions, we finally felt confident to move to the next step.
We’re proud to work with a manufacturer in China that aligns with our values and our budget for machinery.
The Final Product: Silicone Zip Sealer
The no-slider, plastic-free, platinum food-grade silicone sealer (say that 5x times).
Now comes in five sizes, with the same airtight seal and timeless design. Dishwasher, microwave, freezer, and sous vide safe.
Here’s how you can seal differently:
- Pocket size - handy for coins, flash drives, and vitamins
- Small - great for tissues, pet treats, and teas
- Medium - perfect for snacks, storing meat, and sous vide
- Large - suits leftovers, veggie scraps, and swimwear
- Jumbo - built for leafy greens, breads, and toiletries
We’ve also pre-bundled them up for a discounted price:
- 4 Pack - 1 pocket size, 1 small, 1 medium, 1 large
- 10 Pack - 2 pocket size, 2 small, 2 medium, 2 large, 2 jumbo
Our Silicone Zip Sealers are the same sturdy, and flexible silicone food storage bags you expect, just without the slider.
What The Net Zero Fam Says
We got our Net Zero Fam, Chio, to try. This is what she says:
“I’m a chef by trade, and these [Silicone Zip Sealers] are a staple in the kitchen. I pre-peel my garlic and store them in the pocket size. The large size is great for greens from the garden.
They’re super handy for keeping my baby gear organized and leak-free when I’m out. I throw in bottles, diapers, and snacks in these sealers, and they’re good to go for my baby and my toddler!”
Huge thanks to Chio for being open to changing her habits and setting a great example. We know she’s a busy mama!
Kaizen; Continuous Improvement
All-in-all, what we want you to know is that your feedback matters!
We want to make sustainable products that are useful for your life. Our essential intent is to inspire sustainable change for a million households in North America by 2026.
Thank you for your continued support and for contributing to a cleaner planet!